- Duyckinck, E. A. and G. L.,
"Frederick William Thomas," Cyclopedia of American Literature,
York: Charles Scribner, 1856, 2:548-549 (stating that he was born in
- Fisher, Benjamin F., "Frederick William Thomas," Dictionary
of Literary Biography, vol. 202: Nineteenth-Century American Fiction
Writers, ed. Kent Ljungquist, Detroit: Gale Research, 202:259-263
- Heartman, Charles F. and James R. Canny, A Bibliography of First Printings of the
Writings of Edgar Allan Poe,
Hattiesburg, MS: The Book Farm, 1943.
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive, ed., The Collected Works
Allan Poe (Vols 2-3 Tales and Sketches), Cambridge, Mass.:
of Harvard University Press, 1978. (Second printing 1979)
- Thomas, Dwight and David K. Jackson, The Poe Log:
A Documentary Life
of Edgar Allan Poe 1809-1849, Boston: G. K. Hall & Sons, 1987.